Saturday, June 4, 2011


I finished all my flying geese blocks and I'm loving how they came out. A year ago I never would have thought I would make this quilt or be so excited about it! I started squaring them up - just a teeny bit off each side, and then decided I would go insane trimming 128 blocks. So I'm just going to do my best and piece them together on the fly (no pun intended). Next challenge - the layout. This is going to be a big quilt!

And these are my herringbone blocks. I'm having a hard time with the layout and just hit a point where I couldn't look at them any longer. So they are packed away for now until I hit that rare patient moment when I'll take them out and sew them all up.