Thursday, March 17, 2011

Butterfly bee block

I sketched this block out quite awhile ago, then realized I did the math wrong and the block was going to be too small (after cutting a bunch of the fabric out). Yesterday I went back to it after being pretty discourage, realized I had actually done the math RIGHT (ugh!), and finished it up. The finished block is 12.5" square. As I was working on this I realized I tend to do bee blocks with lots and lots of seams and little pieces!

The background is an off-white muslin.


Aimee sent really nice Art Gallery fabric for this month's bee and just requested that it be a butterfly block that is not appliqued. I hope she likes it - someone I showed this to took awhile to see the butterfly... Maybe different fabric choices, values, etc. would have been better. Next time!

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for all your suggestions on this site. Your shares are very interesting and very rewarding. Congratulations to you.

    voyance par mail ; voyance gratuite par mail

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can definitely see your expertise in the work you write. The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who are not afraid to say how they believe. Always follow your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.